Iconix has an immediate career opportunity for a Plumber to carry out water meter installation for the Thompson Nicola Regional District project. This is a 4-month casual position. The successful candidate will be responsible for the installation of water meters. We are looking for self-starters who have the ability to work with limited supervision, have a good understanding of most hand tools and be mechanically inclined.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Installation of water meters, radios and all associated appurtenances
• Communicating with customers about the installation process
• Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service to clients
• Ability to work inside or outside every day and under various weather conditions
• Ability to carry out physically demanding indoor or outdoor work in a safe manner
• Ability to accurately and consistently record and report numerical combinations
• Excellent ability to communicate and interact with the public with professional decorum and tact
• Ability to use judgment under pressure and chose appropriate course of action
• Ability to work unsupervised and alone in a reliable fashion
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma
• Plumbing ticket – Interprovincial Red Seal required
• Understanding of basic wiring and minor construction
• Review blue print drawings
• Ability to use handheld devices to receive work orders and enter installation notes
• Ability to understand and perform complex and varied skilled tasks
• Ability to independently judge and take action in day to day activities
• Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions with minimum of supervision
• Ability to establish and improve effective working relationships with staff, contractors and the public providing information, assistance, advice and direction as required
• Good troubleshooting skills
• Field work experience an asset
• Successfully pass a criminal background check
• Valid driver’s licence. Must provide drivers abstract
Interested in a career at ICONIX? Join the flow of ideas: iconixww.com/careers
ICONIX is a leading independent waterworks partner who offers an agile, expert team of trusted, technical problem solvers, providing reliable access to innovative products and services for businesses and communities across North America that depend on essential infrastructure. We’re building a community of brilliant problem solvers. This is a place where you will be empowered to do your best work. We need real-time problem solvers like you to join our team.
ICONIX is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Accommodations are available upon request. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
ICONIX Waterworks is proud to be part of the Deschênes Group, which has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 10 straight years. This great result is only made possible by the commitment of all employees within the Deschênes Group, which has been a Platinum Member, the highest level of recognition that can be achieved within this awards program, since 2015.
***ICONIX employees must apply via our internal portal***